Latest posts by Bilna Sandeep (see all)
- “Meenakshi’s Creativity” – When a mom’s passion for art comes to life| The Lady Entrepreneur Series - August 30, 2017
- Check out these stuffs you can Buy from India for Pre-Schoolers (and save a few bucks) - July 10, 2017
- Our Move to Dubai : The Good, the Not so Good and the Unexpected - June 12, 2017
The best Resources to Rock your Blog
When I wrote my post on How to Start a Blog and start making money from home, I started getting a lot of questions on various aspects of blogging. Well, I do not claim myself to be an expert. I started my first blog in 2009 and this one in 2014. I got serious about blogging only after I started this blog and ever since it has been a journey of learning new things every day. In this page, I try to put in the resources that I come across and shall keep updating it every now and then.
The Best Blogging Platform
Other Blogging Platforms
The Best Blog Hosting
- Bluehost (This blog is hosted on BlueHost. For starters, this would be a Best Plan)
- In motion ( I know a lot of my blogging friends who are hosted on Inmotion Hosting. Though a little bit more pricey that BlueHost, they have excellent Customer care Service).
- Studio press ( For professional looking blogs)
- Elegant Themes (These are very economical and professional at the same time)
Blog Logo and Design
- Canva ( Almost all designs on my blog have been done using Canva and the best highlight is most of them are FREE)
- BeFunky ( For all my Quick Photo Editing needs)
- 48 Hours Logo ( Get your Logo Designed Professionally from Designers around the world)
- Google Analytics
- Alexa Ranking
- BuzzSumo – To analyse your best-shared contents on the web across all social media channels.
- Alexa Widget ( To check the Alexa Ranking of any Website I come across or my own)
- In-Page Analytics ( This is one of the Best FREE Chrome extension I have found so far. If you have Google Analytics set up on your blog, you get to see the in-depth analytics of each page on your blog, including where the users are clicking on the page.)
- Grammarly After installing the Grammarly Extension for Chrome, proofreading my blog posts have become so much easier. Not only it works in the editor of your blog, but it also works on any site you start typing)
- Mix Max – Installing their Free version can help you track your emails. This is particularly useful when you are pitching to a Brand, and you know exactly when or whether your email was read.
- Wise Stamp – For professional signatures with links to all your social media channels on all your emails.
- Mail Chimp- I use MailChimp for all my Email Marketing and Newsletters
Productivity and Organising
- Evernote – Whenever I have a blog post idea, I write them down on my mobile in Evernote and the best part is it Syncs with your Desktop account. So I can directly take it to my blog editor.
Social Media Management
- Buffer (My Favorite Social Media Management Tool)
- Hootsuite ( Currently experimenting with it)
- Revive Social ( Automatically tweets your old blog posts)
- IFTT ( A few of their features include Automatically share your Instagram posts as images on your Twitter Profile, Share your Pins on your Twitter etc.)
Best WordPress Plugins
- SumoMe – (For their light weight pop-ups for collecting Emails, Facebook Likes, etc.)
- Revive Old Posts by Revive Social
- W3 Total Cache – Helps a lot in speeding up my site
- Yoast SEO – For all my SEO needs
- Yummly Recipe PlugIn – Using Yummily Recipe Plugin drives a lot of traffic to my recipe posts.
My Photography Tools
- Nikon D3200 ( For my Food Photographs, For any sponsored blogging campaign shoots)
- Sony Cybershot (Point and Shoot Camera which I always carry around due to its small size, yet excellent image quality)
- Samsung Galaxy E7 (For my daily random clicks, most of my Instagram photos are clicked using it)
Best Photo Editing Software
- For Mobile I use – Snapseed for editing my shots for Instagram, occasionally use VSCO also for my Instagram shots.
- Online Editing – I love PicMonkey and Befunky (both are FREE to use).
Best Places to Get FREE Stock Images for your Blog
- Flickr (There are many images with Creative Commons License available, which means you need to credit the owner)
Resources for Food Bloggers
Resources from Food Blogger PRO
- The Number One Thing – FREE E-BOOK (What Top 30 Food Bloggers are Focussing this year)
- 10 Mistakes that Bloggers Make – FREE E-Book
If you found these Resources helpful, you may subscribe to our Email Newsletter here. Make sure to tick your interests 🙂
Pin this post for Future:
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are Affiliate Links which means I earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links.
Check out our latest posts on Blogging Tips and Resources here.