Latest posts by Bilna Sandeep (see all)
- “Meenakshi’s Creativity” – When a mom’s passion for art comes to life| The Lady Entrepreneur Series - August 30, 2017
- Check out these stuffs you can Buy from India for Pre-Schoolers (and save a few bucks) - July 10, 2017
- Our Move to Dubai : The Good, the Not so Good and the Unexpected - June 12, 2017
Being expats, missing special occasions of your loved ones back home is something that we need to get used to. As for us, we try our best to be at home for as many special occasions and festivals as possible. But there are still so many birthdays, weddings and so many more occasions we miss the most. However, with the advent of technology, we can now at least make sure we get to send to perfect gifts for our loved ones for their special days.
I had earlier done a post on How we try to send our presence through presents to our loved ones back home in India – Wedding Gift Ideas for your Loved ones Back Home in India. Most of you know already that I am a fan of Online shopping, just because of the time it saves for me plus it’s all hassle free. Recently, I was approached by GiftstoIndia24x7.com to do them a review of their Online Gifting Service. The request came right in time for my Brothers Birthday back home in Kerala.
GiftstoIndia24x7.com – Review
So I decided to check out the website and the options available almost a week in advance of his birthday. The website has a very simple layout, with categories of Gifts clearly divided. The Graphics do not look as attractive as the leading Online Shopping websites in the market, though.
You can choose your Gifts from various categories like Accessories, Apparel, Dining, Electronics, Home Decor, Jewellery, shopping vouchers and watches.
You can also choose your gifts based on Occasions as well as relationships.
They also have perishable items like Cakes, Flowers, Chocolates, Dry fruits etc. which they say shall be hand delivered on the requested dates.
If not for the perishable gifts, I always prefer gifting vouchers. This always gives them the options to choose the best items they love. So I decided on checking out the Vouchers section on the website. They have options of Gift Vouchers from Big Bazaar, FabIndia, Lifestyle, Pizza Hut, Domino’s Pizza, Titan, Pantaloons, Taj Hotels and Resorts and lots more to choose from.
I decided on buying a voucher from the Big Bazaar as we have one near to our home back in Kerala.
Once you decide on the gift, all you need to do is click on the Gift Now button and the item gets added to your cart.
You also have the option to choose your Delivery Date and leave your custom message as well with the Gift. I chose 15th Oct 2016 as the Delivery Date.
You have a 4 step check out option. The first being the Register, Log In or Quick Check Out Option.
As for the payment options, you can choose Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking or Cash Card. When it comes to Online Shopping sites in India, I always prefer the Net banking Option. But while I am shopping from here in UAE, the Net Banking Option always get complicated for me. Because of the security passwords being sent to my Indian mobile Number.
So for convenience, whenever there is an International Transfer involved, I prefer the Paypal method though this comes with an extra charge.
So with the Paypal option, I quickly finished off the transaction and I got the confirmation email.
So the wait began for the surprise Gift to arrive on his birthday. However, something seemed to have gone with their partnership with the Courier company. The gift did not arrive on time. The gift arrived 5 days late on 20th October.
- Loved their concept of Gifting made Easy for the NRIs.
- The website is simple and user-friendly
- They have a variety of gift categories.
- They also have perishable gifts like Cakes, flowers etc.
- Their partnerships with the Courier Companies need to be improved as the Gifts need to arrive on time. Especially for the special occasions like Birthdays, Anniversaries etc.
- When I found the order did not reach on time, I tried to track the order from my mobile. The website is not very mobile friendly. This being the age of Mobile Applications, and since most people prefer getting things done from their smart phones, it would be great if they had a Mobile App.
- They also need to work on their customer service team. It took around 2 days for me to get an email from them regarding what went wrong with my order arrival.
This website has a great concept in helping us Expat Indians to deliver gifts to our special ones back home. However, they need to work on the technical aspect of their Customer Service Team and the Courier Services to deliver the gifts on time so that this concept becomes truly valued to us Expats.