Latest posts by Sridevi (see all)
- “Felt it with Love” from a Mompreneur | The Lady Entrepreneur Series - January 18, 2017
- “Diseased duo” | Dealing with the Unexpected Illness in Kids - October 28, 2015
- The Stick or the Tongue | How do you Discipline Kids and Toddlers? - October 15, 2015
Hello all pretty mothers of naughty little bundle of joys…
It was a festive mood past few weeks here in India.. Festivities bring in home lot of guests and myriad of emergencies as well. While one of mine forgets to wipe of her sweating forehead, the little one is out with her microscopic vision eating all that is on the floor. My toothless fairy is way bit naughtier than her elder sister and this time it was her turn to rush up to the hospital.
The normal food that she eats was all vomited off and she was pooping out liquid all inside her body. My baby lost a single kilo in just two days time. The emergency bell struck when she dozed off and didn’t take food for nothing other than breast milk. The doctor did not panic. He advised me to keep her breast fed with Econorm sachet and an Anti-biotic syrup. The sachet is a permanant member in my refrigerator now. My doll was all the way getting tired and then it was my mommy who came out for the rescue.
She took a pinch of glucose and forcebly put into my baby’s mouth as she never opened her mouth. The glucose magic worked and baby was active for next two hours time and yes got better day by day.
Sooner my preschooler was home with vomitting bouts. The same medicines worked up for her too. Though she loved to eat glucose more than her medication.
If you have two kids at home or plus, its definite that one will lovabley spread the disease to the other. Oh!you cant stop them rolling over one another or kissing each other. Things you can do to always stop alarming yourself.
- Always keep a packet of Econorm solution
- Glucose a must, works out even if you are down.
- Keep the doctor on call as a speed dial.
- Honey can also help you to a certain extend.
- Always check the medicine expiry date.
- Keep your hands always clean and also your little ones.
You May also like to Read: Flu Rules for the Moms.
Have a disease free panic free time.
What are your ways of dealing with such unexpected illness in Kids? Do let us know in the comments below.
Note: This is a post for the Mommy’s Talk Series. If you would love to share your Mommy Experiences, advices and tips on Moteherhood, please feel free to mail us to email@example.com