Canned Tuna Stir Fry
Bilna Sandeep is the founder of this blog. She is a Civil Engineer by profession who is currently on a career break to enjoy the joys of motherhood with her almost 2 year old naughty little boy. During her free time, she loves to write, blog and speak up for the causes she care for in the society. Read More About Bilna Here
Latest posts by Bilna Sandeep (see all)
I have never been a Fan of Canned Food. However, this Canned Tuna Stir Fry is one of the exceptions that has survived since quite long at our home. But then, since last few months, I had completely forgotten about this dish and had never bothered to make it. Last week, I was just lazily surfing around the Supermarket and then all of a sudden my eyes stopped at the Canned Tuna and voila, I was like how could I forget this recipe. One of the quickest side dishes you can make, this dish is also super tasty.
It’s said Canned Tuna in brine has better health benefits than Tuna in Oilive or Sunflower oil. This is majorly due to the fact that the major nutrient Omega-3 gets mixed with the oil and gets drained away when we drain away the oil. I have tried using both versions and found the Tuna preserved in oil a little bit more tastier. I usually prepare this dish using the same oil in the can. So hoping it does not drain away the Omega-3s.
So coming back to our Dish, here goes Canned Tuna Stir Fry – yes as usual with majority of the recipes I have written her, this is also Kerala Style Cuisine.
- Canned Tuna - 2 Cans I used Tuna in Olive Oil
- Onions Chopped - 1 big
- Ginger Crushed - 1 small piece
- Garlic Chopped Thin - 5 -6 cloves
- Curry Leaves - few
- Green Chillies - 2 Nos.
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 Tbsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 1 Tsp
- Tomato - 1/2 No.
- Oil for Cooking ( I used the oil in the can instead)
- Heat a pan. Add oil for cooking. (If using the oil from the can, be careful as it may start popping due to the water content from the Fish)
- Add curry leaves, Green Chillies,Ginger and Garlic. Saute on medium flame for a minute. Add chopped Onions. Saute till golden brown. Add Turmeric, Coriander powder and Red Chily powder on low flame and wait till raw smell disappers.
- If you like tomato flavor you can add at this point and saute till it turns soft. ( If you like the end result crispy, it is better not to add.)
- Add salt as per taste.
- If using Tuna in brine, drain away the water. Crush the Fish with a spoon and add to the pan. Stir fry closed stirring occasionally until every part turns golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot.
The Canned Tuna might already contain Salt. So adjust the amount of salt accordingly.
This Recipe is Printed from Monsoonbreeze123.com
Hope you enjoyed this quick ans simple recipe. If you liked this dish, Pin it for future. Also let us know how you used to prepare Canned Tuna.